Even though we know each practice is individual, we also acknowledge the studio is a shared space. To guarantee each student the best experience possible, Yoga Mindset requests all students follow the guidelines and policies provided below.
- Wear comfortable, non-binding clothes. Please practice in bare feet.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes or other strongly scented fragrances.
- Practice on an empty stomach. It is best not to eat two hours prior to practice.
- Please bring your own mat, as it personalizes your practice and is much more hygienic. Loaners are available if you forgot your mat. Bring a hand towel if needed, as sweaty yoga can make for slippery down dogs.
- Plan to arrive at least five minutes before the scheduled class time to check in, store your belongings and settle in on your mat. Class begins at the scheduled time.
- Remove your shoes upon entering Yoga Mindset practice floor as a form of respect for our space and to support the clean environment we maintain. You may store your shoes under a bench, along with other personal belongings. Please do not wear shoes onto the practice floor.
- Check in with the instructor upon arrival, even if you registered online.
- Pre-registration required for aerial yoga as there are only 8 silks. register online here. ‘no shows’ for aerial yoga will not be refunded.
- A signed release form is required of all students who practice in the studio. If you have not signed a release form, please obtain a copy from the instructor.
- If you are pregnant, have serious health conditions or injuries, or have had any health changes, please alert the instructor before class.
- Turn off all mobile phones, pagers, and PDAs.
- No food or beverage is permitted in the practice space, except for sealed bottled water.
- Do not step on other students’ yoga mats.
- Listen to your body; pushing yourself into pain is not part of any yoga practice.
- Plan to stay the entire length of the class, including the final pose, savasana. If you must leave please do so before savasana, not during savasana.
- If you use one of the studio’s loaner mats, please use the organic mat cleaning spray and towel to clean the mat after use and before you roll it up and put it away.
- After class, fold blankets back to the form in which you received them. Return all props in a neat, orderly manner.
We understand extenuating circumstances. Please bring specific issues to the attention of the staff.